Improving our health and reducing the risk of heart disease is extremely important. Adopting healthy habits will keep our loved ones hearts healthy.
Here are a few habits seniors and caregivers should learn:
- Be aware of warning signs of heart disease, (fatigue, short of breath, indigestion, sweating, irregular heart beat). These are indication that often appear before a heart attack occurs.
- Learn from your blood work so you know what lifestyle changes will improve your personal health. Be aware of your numbers
- Take any prescribed medication correctly, according to the doctor’s orders.
- Consistency is key. Become more active by participating/performing an activity you love and will do regularly.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. This includes fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains.
- Stop smoking!